[mythtv-users] Newbie setup questions

Phil pvmythtv at nekophile.com
Sun Jul 9 00:39:42 UTC 2006

>> Bummer.  Thanks for the info.  I must admit surprise considering that
>> NTSC-J and NTSC seem so darn close.
>
> I don't know why Plextor chose these particular Sony tuners.  They seem
> quite limited, not to mention awkward to program.
>
>> I'm curious if you're speaking from personal experience.
>
> I maintain the GO7007 driver.  -Nathan

Cool.  Sounds like I'm talking to the right guy.  :-)  Perhaps I can
pepper you with two more questions.

1 - Assuming I decide on this Japanese Plextor, where might I find one
in the US / Internet to begin messing around?

2 - Considering that I'm forced to use a USB / IEEE / or PCMCIA solution
on my laptop, can you think of any options I should consider beyond this
model?  [Your Sony comment wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement.]  Most
of the supported hardware lists pertain to PCI options.

Thanks,
Phil