[mythtv-users] Thumbnail offset?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 8 21:08:38 UTC 2006

On 07/08/06 12:46, John Johnson wrote:

>On 07-Jul-2006, at 01:05, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>>Utilities / Setup | Setup | TV Settings | Playback | 3rd page, Time
>>>offset...
>>>
>>>Also, if you set a Bookmark in a recording, the thumbnail is taken
>>>from that position.
>>>
>>Assuming you've checked the option, "Generate preview image from a
>>bookmark if possible".
>>
>And assuming the computer is booted, etc.
>
>He did say change the time offset, not enable.

I'm not trying to be smart.  My point /is/ valid.  You enable preview
images using the setting, "Display thumbnail preview images of
recordings."  There's a separate setting, "Generate preview image from a
bookmark if possible," that says to ignore the time offset and use the
bookmark when one exists.

I left all the text from your e-mail so you can verify that I didn't
pull any tricks (or feel free to check it in the archives).  All I did
was reformat your top-posting to the bottom posting that should be used
on this list and deleted the irrelevant "mythtv-users mailing list"
footers you had left in.

Mike