[mythtv-users] Understanding custom recording advanced examples, interval 2 hour?

catfish catfish at halfdone.com
Sat Jul 8 04:22:29 UTC 2006

Thanks!

> This is unfortunate and highlights the weakness of public writable
> wiki's.

True, but also it's also useful because you can fix it when it goes out
of date which is common problem.

>> program.title LIKE "%Daily Show%"
>> AND MINUTE(program.starttime) = 0
>> AND HOUR(DATE_SUB(program.starttime, INTERVAL 2 HOUR)) > 20
>> AND WEEKDAY(DATE_SUB(program.starttime, INTERVAL 2 HOUR)) < 4
>> AND (WEEKDAY(DATE_SUB(program.starttime, INTERVAL 2 HOUR)) = 0
>> OR program.previouslyshown = 0)
 >>
 >> What I'm not sure about is why the Interval 2 Hour aka "start time
 >> minus two is the evening". Why check two hours before the start
 >> time if it's after 9pm?

> Because 1 (1 am) is less than 23 (11pm). The idea is to take midnight
> out of the equation by moving to one side or the other.

I see, didn't realize he was using the 1am repeat as another chance to
record. The example didn't take info effect any CA or weird combos (that
was mentioned after) but it just seems to be out of date. At least here
it can be simplified since there are no shows on Sat+Sun. While monday
still has "generic" shows there are none at 1am. Ditto with Colbert
Report at 11:30/1:30.

 > program.title LIKE '%Daily Show%'
 > AND (HOUR(program.starttime) < 2
 >       OR HOUR(program.starttime) = 23)

Your example seems to works well (wish mythtv had a test button) and I
will update the wiki to reflect that.

Thanks again!