[mythtv-users] Mirroring via LVM or RAID?

Jon Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 7 22:02:14 UTC 2006

I've got 2 new 400GB SATA hard disks (with the possibility for more) and I
want to transfer my mythtv installation from my old 40GB test drive to the
new drives.

I definitely want to have some level of redundancy, so mirroring is a must;
but I need advice on which method will be the easiest to expand, better
performance, more stable, etc. Eventually I might get a hardware RAID card,
but that won't happen for at least several months so I need to find a
suitable software solution for now.

It seems like LVM mirroring would be easier to set up and expand, but I
can't find much documentation that deals with it's mirring capabilities--how
to set it up, is it reliable, etc?

I'd appreciate any help you can give.