[mythtv-users] 350TV out second Monitor

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:17:43 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:
> The following thread might lead to help in getting a dual head (dual
> screen) setup working.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/202127?search_string=nvidia%20twinview%20problems;#202127

The linked thread is about twinview, which if I understand it is
cloning a single interface to two monitors.  I believe the OP, and I
know I, was referring to 2 separate interfaces so the "real" monitor
acts like a standard desktop and the TV acts like a PVR, without
having to move the mouse off the edge of screens to give them focus.

> I highly recommend taking the trouble to get dual heads working
> because turning on just a single monitor, as opposed to your entire
> entertainment center equipment, makes it very nice to make changes,
> check on last night's recordings, or test something new you just
> learned from this mailing list.

Or even more so in my case where it would be really nice for one
spouse to be able to surf the web/play games/whatever while another
uses the Myth installation....

Thanks, though!!!