[mythtv-users] (Yet another) Advice solicitation on remote upgrade

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:22:43 UTC 2006

I've used Streamzap for some time now and while there is nothing inherently
wrong with it I'd like to replace it. Basically I would like to have more
buttons to map to some functions I don't have right now since Streamzap is
rather spartan. If possible I'd like RF instead of IR so that I don't have
to look at the ugly IR receiver and it's cord. I also don't want to pay tone
of money for a remote so all those wonderful full Logitech remotes are not
an option.

I've looked at ATI Remote Wonder II. Seems to be well supported.by lirc and
works well with mythtv.

I've also found cheap ir receiver (unfortunately no RF) at
http://www.irblaster.info. This could be used with one of them cheap RCA
learning remotes with lots of buttons and would also give me the ability to
control my tv with the same remote.

Any thoughts? Does anyone have a suggestion for a solid (and cheap <$50)
learning remote?