[mythtv-users] Current source for .deb files?

Graham Wood mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Fri Jul 7 14:15:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 09:31:57AM -0400, Lissa wrote:
> > Now all I have to do is figure out why mythtv-backend depends on
> > libqt3c102-mt while all the other myth packages depend on libqt3-mt.  Of
> > course the two different libqt3-mt libraries are mutually exclusive...
> You could try symlinking whichever one of them is older to the newer
> one. I haven't done that with these particular libs, but I've done it
> successfully with others.

Unfortunately in this case that's not the problem.

The debian package management utility has a different (incompatable) dependency - so it won't install the package in the first place.

There are ways around this, but at that point you end up breaking the package management system - which is obviously far from ideal.

Graham