[mythtv-users] upgrade to .19 issues

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 02:04:11 UTC 2006

hey all,

I just upgraded my system from .18 to .19.  I have a dedicated backend & an
xbox frontend (xebian 1.4).  Just about everything worked fine in .18, but
now that I've upgraded, fast forward and rewind work, but very poorly.  When
I skip forward, it takes about 1-2 seconds to reset and start playing
again.  It's really kind of a pain when I'm skipping through a commercial.
Similarly, to seek forward at any speed faster than 3x freezes the screen.
It does move ahead when I start playing at normal speed again, but I can't
see where it is at any particular time.

Has anyone else had these issues with the upgrade?  I saw some older emails
on the list, but nothing pertaining to an upgrade to .19 (and I've tried all
of the suggested fixes).

Can anyone give me a direction to look?  I'm going to build a second
frontend to see if it happens with that too, but it's taking some time.

thanks,
matt