[mythtv-users] Created wrong username - is it a problem

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 23:44:31 UTC 2006

On 07/07/06, Shanon Mulley <shanonmulleyster at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you say:
> > - you could recreate the mythtv user as a regular user which would let
> > you follow Jarod's guide to the letter (and run the backend as user
> > mythtv or root).
>
> Do you mean I should delete the existing (system) mythtv user first?

Yes. Whilst it's possible to edit the /etc/passwd file to give your
user a suitably high UID/GID and create a home directory, I'd remove
the mythtv user and then re-add it as root. You must make sure that no
processes (such as mythbackend) are using the mythtv account when you
do this.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: