[mythtv-users] scheduling a regular recording in a timeslot

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jul 6 19:23:36 UTC 2006

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> There is a timeslot when a variety of science/nature programs
> air regularly.
>
> I want to record the program that airs each week. It cannot be
> identified by name, and I do not want to use a template name (as
> I need with a manual schedule). I want to say
> 	Record the program in this timeslot every week
> (note 'the program' and not 'this program').
>
> Can this be done?

As Mike pointed out, this can be done with Custom Record. Had you
mentioned the time and station, I could send a specific rule. However,
here is an example of the same sort of problem. Sundance Channel has a
hosted movie every Friday night promoted as "Midnight Snack". Thankfully
the listings have the title and descriptions of the films rather than
the generic show title of Midnight Snack. So, the task is to record
anything on Sundance Channel where the start time is on Saturday in
the zeroth hour.

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.5

Rule Name: "Midnight Snack"

channel.callsign = 'SUNDAEP'
AND DAYNAME(program.starttime) = 'Saturday'
AND HOUR(program.starttime) = 0

My current result for adding this rule is:

Title - Subtitle            Chan ChID Day Start  End   C I  T N   Pri
Dune                         307 2307  08 00:00-02:20  2 2  A 2   1/0
Pink Flamingos               307 2307  15 00:00-01:50  2 2  A 2   1/0

Note that while these both start at Midnight on Friday, the lengths
and end times are different. If these were recoded with a manual rule,
not only would the titles and descriptions be lost but there would
be no way to get the end times right either.

--  bjm