[mythtv-users] scheduled recordings problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 6 18:22:24 UTC 2006

On 07/06/2006 10:57 AM, Chris O'Hara wrote:

>I have a strange problem that apparently just seemed to start happening.
>
>When i try to schedule new recordings on 1 channel only, the history
>channel, the status displayed in mythweb for new schedules changes to :
>"This show does not match the current program listings"
>
>Its strange because this only happens on the history channel, i can
>schedule new recordings fine on every other channel i tried...
>
>Anyone have any ideas of what i should check to see whats going on?
>
>As a sidenote, the old recording schedules i have setup for shows on
>this same channel continue to function fine...
>
>mythtv 0.19-p9163 out of gentoo's portage.

Your channel changed (probably "behind the scenes") and you're
scheduling a recording on a specific channel that doesn't appear in a
video source connected to an input.  The "most complete" (easiest to
describe?) fix is to delete your video sources (using the "Delete All"
button in mythtv-setup) and re-configure them and re-associate them with
inputs.  You may have to re-create any "channel" recording rules that no
longer work.

Mike