[mythtv-users] MythTV Flicker Problem?

Matt Mencel techminer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 05:04:00 UTC 2006

Anyone else seeing a flickering problem with their MythTV setup?

I upgraded to FC5 in late May, and recently(this past week) updated to the
2.6.17-1.2139 kernel, ivtv 0.7.115, and MythTV 0.19-129.

This seems to happen no matter what channel I'm watching.  The image will
flicker one or more times, long enough to just catch a glimpse of the
desktop(maybe a frame or 3) behind the video that is playing, and then play
along for a few more seconds.  Some days it seems worse than others, but
that could just be the way I perceive it at different times, I can't prove
that as of yet.  It was also happening on previous kernel versions, but only
since I've upgraded to FC5.  I keep thinking the next update or patch will
make it go away, but I've been waiting a while and my 10 year old is getting
on my nerves about it.  Guess it's time to figure it out.

I'm curious if anyone has any ideas about troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,
Matt