[mythtv-users] Audio & Video via MythTV

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Jul 5 12:45:22 UTC 2006

Hi all

Firstly, thanks to all re my AU questions. I am now decided on where to
go with that side of things.

My next questions relate to audio (computer to main system), and video
from a VCR. First up audio...

We have the current setup for audio:

Denon DRA-550 amplifier
Denon DVD-1720 (CD's & DVD's are played via this unit)
Yamaha DSP1 Surround System
Yahama M-35 4 channel amplifier
1pr Audio Australia Accusound 701 180W Main speakers
2pr Audio Australia Accusound 701 150W surround speakers

An upgrade to the main amp is in the works so I can use the
Accusound.701 center speaker I have and also attach a sub-woofer....

Now, what would be the recommended audio card for my MythTV box be, so
it can be connected to this system without losing any quality?

Secondly, we have a ton of VHS videos that I would want to bring into
Myth. We have a Panasonic NV-HD670 Hi-Fi VCR. What would be the best way
to do this?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Bruce