[mythtv-users] Tips to make my MythTV box feel less like a computer?

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 5 05:05:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 12:39:25PM +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I run ratpoison. I do get one small problem with xine, which is that
> the MythTV buttons don't work properly when I exit back from xine into
> the MythTV interface. For example:
>
> 1) I watch a DVD using Xine and then go back to MythTV menu after it finishes.
> 2) I then keep left-arrowing back until it asks me if I want to exit MythTV.
> 3) The 2 buttons (Yes, No) are there but neither of them can be selected.

... which is the same problem I had when I briefly tried ratpoison, and
the same problem I had when I ran without any window manager. Now I use
fvwm2 and don't have any more problems with it. I never did figure out
why ratpoison was getting confused, there were no other open windows
that could have had focus. It wasn't really worth my time to try to
figure it out because I had other more serious problems with ratpoison
on a TV.

--
Michael Heironimus