[mythtv-users] AU Specific Questions

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 23:58:01 UTC 2006

Hi everyone.

Just having a look at that card mentioned above myself, ohhh nice....

I run 2 of the Divo Fusion lite cards atm.
I have found them really good and they are supported pretty well. I think
the Kworld are a re badged of these. Also cheaper Anyone?

Has anyone tried to get the Divco dual tuner card running.(the one with one
USB one on the card).
I seem to be running into scheduling issues with only two cards. I rarely
need to record more than two channels at once but, with the 14min rapper i
put on shows like Mythbusters, I am seeing a problem.

I could just go a buy a third  Divco lite card, but i am swaying between the
Plus (for the extra inputs, as i want to import some VCR movie for the wife)
and the dual tuner card for more available recording slots.
I have a WInfast TV 2000 xpert that i could plug into my desktop computer to
capture the VCR shows and then transfer them to the MYTH server.

Do the USB tuners like this work under myth?

Any comments/suggestions?

Also the one thing you need for Digital is a REALLY GOOD antenna, unless you
live close to the transmitter. The more signal you can get the better they
like it. (from frustrating personal experience)

Just on the AUSTAR track, if you can get a card & box (all legal like) from
somebody who lives in the country (parents, as they all ready have it. IE
second box) could you stick a dish on the roof in the 'burbs and get it?

Chris.