[mythtv-users] cannot skip back recording past the point where watching was started

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 4 19:55:05 UTC 2006

On 07/04/2006 03:41 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> I have  svn version from about 2 weeks ago. I have found out that when I
>> have exited recording (position saved on exit) and
>> I continue watching it, I cannot rewind to start anymore, only to the
>> position where watching was started.
>>
>> Any fixes for this ?
>>
> Expected behaviour - its not a recording unless you tell it is one by
> hitting record - *then* you can come back to it, otherwise LiveTV is
> junked (effectively) on exit and certinaly won't get joined up to another
> session of LiveTV thats started subsequently.

The OP never said anything about LiveTV.  However, some missing articles
may have made it seem that way.  I.e., I think, "when I have exited
recording," means, "when I have exited [a] recording"--or, more
specifically, "when I have exited [playback of a] recording".

I haven't had a chance to try it on my system, yet, though (haven't
turned on my frontend).

Mike