[mythtv-users] [linux-dvb] compro dvbt-300 no luck with no lock

Aaron Harwood aharwood at aerosoul.com.au
Tue Jul 4 13:25:50 UTC 2006

On 04/07/2006, at 11:03 PM, Lewis wrote:
> Looks to me like the issue could possibly be related to mythtv
> tuner handling
> code.
> I'm able to gain locks using tzap with a channels.conf file
> generated from
> base transports using the scan utility from dvb-utils.

This worked for me too, in the phase where I couldn't get mythtv to
lock on to
anything.

>   The same file used to
> import the channel data into mythtv
> I was also able to view perfect DVB TV using kaffeine, still no
> locks in
> mythtv though.  Double checked the channel parameter settings between
> kaffeine & channels.conf and they were the same in every detail
> available int
> the kaffeine channel properties.

Are you actually doing a manually tuned scan, where you specify each
of these
parameters in a dialogue box prior to scanning, or just loading the
channels.conf file?
I found that if any one of the parameters was wrong, the manually
tuned scan
would just stall and nothing would happen, but when the parameters
were right
then it would quickly scan and lock on.

> I have dvb card component configured in mythtv as a DVB DTV capture
> card v3.X,
> the frontend shows as a TDA10046H... as I expect it should.

I assume you also do a modprobe. I do this:

/sbin/modprobe saa7134 oss=1 cardq
/sbin/modprobe saa7134-dvb

(I see later in your post that you may be.)

> On a side note I've found the dvb modules do not always load the
> same way,
> sometimes card types detected sometimes not.  The dvb devices are
> not always
> created when the modules load, haven't got my head around udev
> yet.  It seems
> using modconf to reload the various saa7134 usually works with udev
> to create
> the /dev/dvb related files, while using modprobe never does.

You can't reset the machine with this card. You must power down and
then power
back up. I've read that there is some soft state that prohibits the
card from registering
when a reset is done, rather than a power down/up (I guess this
supports the power
on schedule functionality). If you reset, then the card comes
up as a "generic/unknown" card, rather than as a Philips.

-a