[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 5

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Jul 4 11:13:39 UTC 2006

Around about 04/07/06 09:21, Andreas Johansson typed ...
> I use the latest kernel and newest lirc but something seems to be wrong. I
> have read alot on the net about this but none of the tips seems to fix it
> for me. In services lircd says its dead but subsys is locked.

   I had to fiddle with my lircd init script in FC3 to prevent this;  a
mknod was needed (below).  I believe there's a cleaner way under FC5 which
I've done but not tested (not yet rebooted my box since changing it).  lirc
should now do this mknod upon load, but it may not be getting loaded
automatically/in time.

   Try creating /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules:

#!/bin/sh
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c

   (and chmod +x it)

   If that fails, I had to do (first thing in lircd's start()):
         /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
         [ -e /dev/lirc ] || mknod /dev/lirc c 61 0

   Again, I've currently commented this out assuming the fix above works.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature