[mythtv-users] possible p2p approach for mythtv information?

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 3 19:38:18 UTC 2006

On 03/07/06, Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:

> Well, tvwish (my program) already has a feature to let you import
> recommendation
> lists from a web URL. Build a tool to aggregate recommendations into
> a file on the web and you have it.

tvwish, sounds  really interesting and i will definatly check it out. Thanks
for pointing it out.
what i would like to see (in addition) though is:
- everybody is a (potential) critic based on her recording behaviour.
- recommendations get scored based on my viewing pattern,
- the channel a movie is shown at to me often is an indicator whether this
is a movie i would want to watch. Therefore i would also like to score the
channel. This information of course only can be provided when the critic is
actually based on programmguide information.
- i envision a system where a user does not need to do anything and still
finds interesting films on his harddrive.

Still tvwish sounds like a good starting point. Unfortunatly all the US and
UK series are lipsynced in my country, which makes them absolutly
unwatchable to me. Just imagine Seinfeld talking german.

rawdlite