[mythtv-users] Myth tv unable to play Live TV

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 12:12:54 UTC 2006

On 03/07/06, Vamshi Reddy <vareddy20002000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Aoron,
>
> The problem is my Tuner is not picking up any channels,other than 1 default
> channel.
> and I have no option but to pick up some default options like
> UK etc, while doing the Video Setup in MythTV Setup.
>
> I am able to see one channel that is it.

Maybe that channel just happens to be on a frequency that corresponds
to a UK channel?

What capture card are you using?
What channels are you expecting to receive, and do you have frequency
information for them?

mythtv does need good data in the channel database and watchTV can be
unpredictable if some channels are configured incorrectly.

Maybe you can configure your channels manually?  I looked up my
channel frequencies (which were a number between 1 and 99) for my
transmitter (in the UK) on the web and manually entered them through
the mythtvsetup channel editor.

This was for the five free UK analog channels and you probably
wouldn't want to do it with hundreds of channels.