[mythtv-users] Can't ./configure on transcode

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 04:33:15 UTC 2006

Everytime I run ./configure on transcode (version 1-0-2) I receive this
error:

ERROR: requirement failed: cannot compile ffmpeg/avcodec.h
ffmpeg/avcodec.h can be found in the following packages:
  FFmpeg  http://www.ffmpeg.org

I have the svn version of ffmpeg installed and the ffmpeg/avcodec.h file
it's looking for is in my /usr/local/include directory.  I noticed that the
configure script defaults to /usr/local so I used "./configure
--with-libavcodec-includes=/usr/local/include" in an attpemt to persuade it
to use that directory.  Same error.  I even tried making symbolic links in
the /usr/include directory of the headers.  Nothing works!  I am super
frustrated.

I tried the svn version of transcode but there's a syntax error in the
configure script! :)  HELP!

-Greg