[mythtv-users] Movies From HDD

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Sat Jul 1 09:24:16 UTC 2006

I had these information from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html#INTERACTIVE%20CONTROL

> To paste it all here
> would make this message megabytes, even in plaintext ASCII.
> > I've tried all of these but I was able to get subtitles visible.
> If you got them to show up, then what's the problem? Unless you mean
> you can't (typos happen).

Yes that was a typo
I was unable to get subtitles visible.

> > I've tested this ISO file on a windows PC (using Deamon tools &
> > Power DVD) and the subtitles show without any problem so the iso
> > file seems fine and contains subtitles.
> >

> > Is what I want not possible with Mythtv/M-player or am I doing
> > something wrong.
> Well, what is it you want to do? I'm a long time MPlayer user, and
> I've played videos from the hard disk, optical discs, with subtitles
> interleaved (MKV, OGM primarily), separate files, and as part of a
> VOB stream. Never had a problem.
Only ISO's from DVD's no seperated subtitles or thing like that.

> Here's the trick, though. MPlayer is very much centered around the
> command line. THERE IS NO DVD MENU FUNCTIONALITY FOR MENUS. They're
> working on it now, but it's still very experimental.
I now, but this is not a problem all of my dvd ISO's do not contain Menu's

> More than
> likely, your copy of MPlayer is ages, nay, eons out of date.

Yes I think so I read thrue the Knoppmyth Change log and found the
following.

4-25-05 Updated MPlayer to 1.0pre6a (with nuv and Unichrome patch).
5-1-05 Recompiled MPlayer.
05-18-06 Updated mplayer-resume.pl
So I probably have 1.0pre6a which is quite antique.

So any do's and don't for a linux newbie upgrading mplayer under knoppmyth.

> You can rig a button to cycle through the available subtitle streams,
> as indicated in the documentation.

Are saying that the b/j discribet to Cycle through the available subtitles.
Are not working out of the box.

> If you want to select this through
> a menu, or HAVE ANY MENUS, you will have to use a different video
> player.

Not an issue with my situation.

> Ogle is known to have this functionality, but the player of
> choice is Xine, which is very stable, and has enough commandline
> functions to be able to set the important things (full screen,
> deinterlacing, scale to fit screen), but also has enough runtime
> options to make it work if the settings aren't to your liking.
>
> I think Xine comes pre-packaged in KnoppMyth (My only KnoppMyth
> system is exclusively a back-end, so I've never tested it). If not,
> just use Apt to install it (the exact line will be, as root, apt-get
> install xine)

Thanks Wim