[mythtv-users] XBox Front-end Tweaking

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Tue Jan 31 18:36:47 UTC 2006

Kichigai Mentat wrote:
> I'm currently using a pre-compiled disk image of Xebian. I forget who
> it was that posted about it, or created it, but I procured it over
> BitTorrent at The Pirate Bay. I'm wondering if it's possible to use a
> remote other than the XBox official remote control with the XBox
> receiver. I have a Hauppauge remote lying around (The card is in my
> backend) that I think would be a bit nicer to use (more buttons). Is
> it possible to make that work? Or does the XBox remote receiver only
> read certain IR signals?
>
> Also, is it possible to install the MythGame plug-in safely with this
> pre-configured, pre-compiled package?
>
> Thanks for all the help.

In general, yes. The IR receiver works for other signals...a bunch of
folks are using alternate remotes with the XBox. You need to edit the
config for the IR software...I *THINK* it's "lirc" for Xebian, but I
don't remember for sure. Search the list archives, there have been a
bunch of discussions about that in the past.

-Pete