[mythtv-users] Iwill mini PC

Simeon Walker simeon at bangor.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 14:13:37 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 23:35 -0600, Jason W. wrote:
> Has anybody had any experience with these? The socket 478 system comes
> with a DVI out…the socket 754 comes with an open AGP slot. Plus they
> both have 6 channel audio and SPDIF out. Seems like it could be a
> great frontend. Does anybody see any show stoppers in the spec lists?
>

> http://www.iwill.net/product_2.asp?p_id=34
>
> http://www.iwill.net/product_2.asp?p_id=40

I built a machine for my mum using the AMD version and added and AGP
graphics card. Overall it's a very nice machine.

The cases are a little fiddly to get apart but ok once you get the hang
of it. They are well made and the brushed alu' finish covering the
plastic looks nice.

The only real downside (apart from the obvious due to its size) is that
the PSU fan whines a bit. I have thought about putting the PSU internals
in a bigger box with a bigger fan.

Regards,
Sim

P.S. This box wasn't for Myth