[mythtv-users] Sports events, LiveTV or Watch Recording?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jan 28 06:02:06 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 15:16 -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:

> For any sort of algorithm proposed to second guess a specific
> situation, there is an opposite example where that exceptional
> decision would do exactly the wrong thing.

The only "perfect" solution would be a way to tell the scheduler exactly
what you want, so it doesn't have to read minds. Such as, an option on
extensions that says, "allow other recordings to override time
extensions". Or something in a record rule that says "extend time only
if it doesn't conflict with another recording on the same channel". My
point was not to criticize the present incarnation of the scheduler, so
I hope you didn't take it that way. Only to point out that there is
currently no way to resolve the type of conflict I run into other than
manually.

--Greg