[mythtv-users] New to mythtv, need help

Bill Baker bill_chris at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 24 20:56:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 13:19 -0500, Tim wrote:
> >Now on the "Input connections" setup option, I have several options
> >listed: Composite 0-4, Tuner 0, and S-Video 0-3.  Does that make any
> >difference?  I have Composite 0 selected, and Composite 0 is listed as
> >the default input on my capture card.  I have no idea what these mean,
> >so I left them at their defaults.
>
> you have to choose how you've connected your antenna/cable to your pvr350
> here.  did you use the composite connection?  i am guessing you want to use
> 'tuner 0'.  you probably connected a coax/rf cable to your pvr350.

Going by yours and Thomas's suggestion, I tried using Tuner 0, but I
still get a black screen.  Same with S-Video 0.  When I first choose
"Watch TV", I get something in the upper left-hand corner that looks
like it says, "Composite (" (yes, with a left parenthesis).  I can't see
all of it, though, because it still runs off the screen.