[mythtv-users] MythTV and Asterisk?

bill peck bill.peck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:45:06 UTC 2006

On 1/24/06, John Biundo <johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> bill peck wrote:
> > I'm running Myth backend, Asterisk, nfs, and SlimServer on my Athlon
> xp2100
> > with no problems.  I also have a Digium TDM400 in the slot, a promise
> sata
> > controller and my hd3000 capture card.
> >
> Interesting... I'm just contemplating getting rid of my slimp3 and
> replacing it with mythmusic.  Are you using the slimserver for a slimp3
> (or similar) hard client, or just as a streaming server for other
> software clients?

I use slimServer for both my Roku M500 and SlimRoku running on my HD1000,
which also runs mythRoku for viewing my HD content on my lame ass 480i tv.
;-)  Still need to convince the wife that our perfectly working tv needs to
be replaced. ;-)

One advantage of the slimp3, that I'll miss, is that I do callerid
> announcements over it.  I don't think it's going to be very easy to do
> that with mythmusic, but my wife and kids never really liked the UI on
> the slimp3.

Bill Peck
http://www.pecknet.com