[mythtv-users] mythfrontend laptop linux distro???

Rick van der Mieden mieden8 at zonnet.nl
Sat Jan 21 10:13:26 UTC 2006

Florin Andrei wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 22:04 +0100, Rick van der Mieden wrote:
>

>>How's fedora nowadays..... is it the same story as with the
>>dependencies of suse?
>>

>I'm using mythfrontend on a laptop running Fedora 4.
>No dependecy problems with Fedora anymore since they started to use yum.
>
>To install MythTV on Fedora, just follow Jarod's HOWTO:
>
>http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

Thanks for all the reactions. I installed ubuntu and it's workink like a
charm. I've got still some thinks to tackle with installing the best ati
driver, but I'll figure that out when I've some time left.
I'm thinking of installing ubuntu on the backend as well, because X on
my current gentoo backend/frontend connected to my TV is crashing all
the time when and I'm sick and tired of it. But again, a day has only 24
hours..... I'll probably come back to you all if I get stuck with some
ubuntu driver issue or whatever.

Regards,

Rick