[mythtv-users] PVR 250

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jan 19 23:00:11 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 19/01/06, Mike Richardson <doctor at mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:36:01PM +0000, Nick wrote:
>>> The freqid is solely used for tuning. I don't think it plays any part
>>> in scheduling.

Correct.

>> I've set the freqid for the duplicate channel (BBC1, ITV1) etc to be the
>> same in each source and that has helped sort out scheduling issues. Now BBC1

I don't think so. You've probably confused freqid with "channum".

>> only appears once in the listings

For the EPG only, if two chanids (the row identifier for the channel
table) have the same callsign and channum, it will only show the row
once in the EPG even though there are presumably two rows with the
same channel and station from two different sources.

>> and scheduling a program to be recorded
>> from channel '1' (BBC1) picks the most appropriate card depending on

The scheduler doesn't care about the channum field here nor does
it ever care about freqid. It is the "callsign" field only that is
used to determine if these channels are supposed to be carrying the
same station and are interchangeable.

mysql> select chanid,channum,callsign from channel where callsign='KVBC';
+--------+---------+----------+
| chanid | channum | callsign |
+--------+---------+----------+
|   1003 | 3       | KVBC     |
|   2003 | 3       | KVBC     |
|   2123 | 123     | KVBC     |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

In the EPG, I have one line for channel 3 and another line in the
hundreds for 123. In the scheduler, for a KVBC show it could choose
channel 3 on a source 1 input or channel 3 or 123 from a source 2
input depending on the ordering of the inputs, any input preference,
any channel priority and which inputs already have other higher
priority shows assigned to them.

--  bjm