[mythtv-users] PVR-500: problems with sound

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jan 18 00:14:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 01:02 +0100, Stef Coene wrote:

> Anyway, I keep running
> while true; do ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -q 0; sleep 10; done
> in a login prompt for now.

I obviously can't comment on your particular situation, nor am I an
expert on how ivtv works. That said, what I have observed on my system
is, it has never been necessary to repeat the ivtvctl command once it
has been set correctly once. However, there doesn't seem to be any
consistency in what the argument to -q is. Sometimes it's 0, 1, or 2. I
just have to trial-and-error it until I get it right, but once set, it
works until the next reboot.

--Greg