[mythtv-users] PVR-500: problems with sound

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Jan 18 00:02:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 23:39, Stef Coene wrote:
> > I used to have a command "ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -q 1" in my rc.local
> > script, and for a while that worked, but now every time the system is
> > rebooted, one of the tuners comes up without sound, and I have to poke
> > around with ivtvctl commands manually to restore it.
>
> Still not working, even when changing audio channels.  "Tuner Audio In" is
> Input 0, so I need "ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -q 0.
Mhhh it seems to work :)  I have to execute "ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -q 0"
while playing something and wait 5 seconds befor the sound starts working.
"ivtvctl  -a" shows no difference before and after executing "ivtvctl
-d /dev/video1 -q 0".  Still it does something because sound is working.

Anyway, I keep running
while true; do ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -q 0; sleep 10; done
in a login prompt for now.

Stef