[mythtv-users] Fedora-based diskless frontends -- anybody have oneworking?

Valerian Mayega valerian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:01:29 UTC 2006

Don't know if you go this resolved or not.

I am running into problems with my gentoo system in that I mount the nfs
read-write via /etc/exports, but  when I boot the diskless client it keeps
complaining that the root is mounted read-only..

In any event. I had the RPC 101 error with an IP-Config error before that.
What I did to resolve this is compile the network card into the Kernel. Then
the client was able to mount the NFS root... and now I am stuck at the
problem mentioned above. Note I was not using initrd or anything like that,
so to me the problem, / solution was pretty obvious. It could be that it
cannot work with initrd and you have to compile the network card into the
kernel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

regards,