[mythtv-users] MVPMC

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Mon Jan 16 22:21:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 06:53:59PM +0000, Mike Richardson wrote:
> I'm using the MVP box as a front end to Mythtv. When I use NFS the playback
> quality if perfect. When I use the myth protocol it becomes jerky and
> pixelated in places. I get these messages in the mythtv log:
>
> MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 15!

I think this error is normal.

> at the start of the watching session and
>
> WriteBlock zerocnt timeout

Doesn't sound so good though!

> each time the picture jerks. Is this a mythtv or MVPMC issue? Any
> suggestions on how I can cure it in 'myth protocol' mode?

Did you try upping the TCP buffers for the MythTV protocol? (See the
config screens in MVPMC itself)

> (The on-screen graphics are quite useful).

Do you use -r /nfs/path/to/mythtv/recordings or use the filebrowser to
play the recordings.  The former (which I use) gives the program info
on the screen which is what I presume you mean by the on-screen
graphics, but plays the files via NFS.  Its works well here!

BTW You'll probably get a better answer on the mvpmc mailing list!