[mythtv-users] Replacing MythTV remote... anyone have any experience with RS 15-2136 (or 15-2137?)

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 19:44:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 01:12:52PM -0500, obscure information. wrote:
> I'm looking at the FC4 guide provided by Jarod, and his information
> regarding using a Radio Shack remote piqued my interest, as I'm
> really not satisfied with the remote that came with my PVR-150, and
> I'd like to use the same remote for Myth that I do for my other
> duties.
>
> The thing is, I just don't find that remote 15-2116 he was using
> very aesthetically pleasing :)
>
> So I've gone to Radio Shack's site and was looking at the Kameleon
> line, and I'm pondering buying either a 15-2136 (
> http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103081&cp) or
> a 15-2137
> (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103082&cp).
> Obviously, I'd prefer the 2137 since it has the ability to control 6
> devices instead of 4, but I'll settle for whichever one becomes
> available at Radio Shack first.  I'm curious if anyone has had any
> success setting up one of these remotes?  I looked around quite
> extensively, but aside from some IRC chatter I found in Google
> referencing mythtv and the 15-2136, I'm unable to find any
> information about successful use of one of these remotes.

Not exactly what you asked, but instead of fiddling with LIRC, I went
the route of make-my-remote-masquerade-as-a-wireless-keyboard.

The JP1 software I happen to have on-hand has support for the 15-2133
and 15-2138 (in addition to tons of other stuff),  but maybe it's been
updated since I did this a few months ago.

Not being familiar with the remotes you mentioned, I don't know if one
of those will be sufficiently close enough to the -2136 or -2137 to
get you going right out of the box.

--Rob