[mythtv-users] following jarod's guide, missing packages?

travis moralindignation at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:24:17 UTC 2006

OK, time for some newbie questions. I've struggled through Jarod's
guide (no reflection on the guide, it's very informative, I just have
a very strong learning curve here). I wasn't sure about the
partitioning, but I think i got it. For the /video set it to jfs, i
left it at 100mb and checked "fill to maximum allowable size"?

My real problem is this: I'm stuck at the package selection screen,

I don't see KDE Desktop Environment, but i do see GNOME Desktop
I don't see MySQL Database or Web Server or any of the items he lists
as optional. I've checked the details of the options I do see.

All I see is Applications/Editors
Servers/Mail Server and DNS Name Server
Development Tools
and
System/Language Support and Printing Support

This is the cd set for Core 4 that I am working with.

I'm just going to leave it here until I figure this out. Thanks for any help!

--
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
- Lewis Carroll.