[mythtv-users] nuvexport and ffmpeg on Ubuntu

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 00:54:05 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > So I did an nuvexport --transcode (however after about 20 hours the
> > export still wasn't complete) Is that normal?
>
> transcode is slightly slower than ffmpeg for most stuff, significantly
> slower for mpeg stuff.  imho, the quality from transcode is better, though.

So it will complete. Hrmm. Its just too slow, think I'd sooner not use
it. Although that means at the cost of not having the cut list taken
into account.

It would appear the ubuntu ffmpeg build doesn't support psp, ipod
nuvexport options. Not compiled with the right switches.

I am coming to the conclusion that in some cases I will be better off
building my own. Guess I will go do some reading.

My wife is thinking of buying a PSP, so it might be handy to export
into PSP format.

Thanks