[mythtv-users] Live TV recording as if it was a scheduled recording

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Jan 14 20:21:55 UTC 2006

Dag Nygren wrote:
>> Theres no need for it, all those little files can be hidden from view by
>> default and get deleted when room is needed automatically.
>>

> I stil would like to be able to use "df" to find out how much space
> I have left on the disk.

This always makes me ask...why?  With your auto-expiration options set
(unless you never expire anything), Myth will perfectly manage your
space to make sure it removes old shows to make room for new.  LiveTV
will be expired before anything else so it is irrelevant when
calculating "space" as it will be automatically removed when needed.
I'd spend a little more time configuring your expiration rules to match
your viewing behavior and a little less time worrying about the physical
disk space because the system is designed to manage that for you.

Kevin