[mythtv-users] Which NVIDIA chipset to use the OSDChromaKey Features

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:18:40 UTC 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 10:51, Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Chris Glover <chris at glovercc.plus.com> wrote:
> > I currently have an NVIDIA 6200 PCI-E based card in my Myth box. It
> > seems this card will not support the Chromakey OSD. Running xvattr does
> > not list the XV_COLORKEY variable.
> >
> > Anybody here successfully using an NVIDIA PCI-E based card with Myth,
> > and if so which one?
> >
> > I'm steering well clear of ATI after the trouble I had getting the linux
> > drivers to work on my laptop.
>
> None of the NVidia 6xxx or 7xxx cards support that feature.  I'm pretty
> sure that includes all of the PCI-E cards. Nevertheless, I haven't had any
> problems running MythTV on my one system that has a 6600GT card in it.  You
> just can't use chroma keying for the OSD.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

Right, which isn't really a loss, Myth looks beautiful without it when you use
the right theme (quick plug for Justin's Project Grayhem theme).

I've got my myth running off an old GeForce3 based card and it seems to be
working fine so far. I should prbly upgrade it, but I need a newer HDTV first
=D

--
Steve