[mythtv-users] Help: blank screen, audio (working), tuner (working) on older Wi nTV tuner

Kevin Kitchen kkitchen at metrotech.org
Fri Jan 13 16:04:42 UTC 2006

Need minor configuration help using an older WinTV tuner. I am using Matt
Zimmerman's 0.18.1 MythTV binaries on a Debian/Sid system. The database and
everything are configured and working (appear fine from the backend log
file). I have audio and my prefer startup channel is selected correctly. I
can tell by listening to the audio and using another TV. So the tuner is
working fine. The problem is the video output; I end up with a black screen
with TV audio and Xorg using 90% CPU. I do see current file activity in my
configured output file folder.

When I kill the mythbackend process, I still have a blank screen and tuner
audio. I tailed the log file from another computer using a ssh session and
watch it change from Watching TV to None. xawtv, qtvision/kdetv, xine, and
mplayer all work great in normal windows or in full screen modes. v4l is
loaded and working.