[mythtv-users] 1080i content and xv

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 00:56:23 UTC 2006

I've found a solution that will work for the time being.

Using mplayer with the command "mplayer -fs -vf scale=1600:900 filename.ts"
gets me exactly the results I am looking for.  Alternatively, substituing
"crop=1600:1080" for "scale"1600:900" will get me unscaled, but cropped on
the sides, playback.

I've yet to figure out how to get this working inside of myth, but at least
I know I'll be able to watch the Pat's game in HD on Saturday.

Thanks again to all who have helped me.