[mythtv-users] Difference between WinTV PVR-250 and 150?

Dorsey Graphics info at dorseygraphics.com
Thu Jan 12 21:01:31 UTC 2006

I'm looking at these 2 cards back-to-back on the Hauppage site:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr250.html

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr150.html

   And I'm not seeing any difference, besides the tech specs.

   In layman's terms, why would I use a 250 vs. a 150 for a second
capture card? (I'm using a PVR-250 as my current primary capture card).

Technically speaking
WinTV-PVR-150 contains a high quality 10-bit video digitizer with 4
line adaptive comb filter to reduce video noise, plus a highly
integrated MPEG-1/2 hardware encoder. WinTV-PVR-150 can record full
screen TV or video at data rates from 2.5 to 12 Mbits/sec from TV,
VCR or camcorder. The encoded MPEG-2 video is sent over the PCI bus,
where it is stored on the PCs hard disk. The video can also be played
back to the PC screen while recording.

Technically speaking
WinTV-PVR-250 contains a highly integrated MPEG-1/2 hardware encoder,
plus a high quality video digitizer. WinTV-PVR-250 can record full
screen TV or video from a VCR or camcorder, using as little as 1.5GB
of hard disk space per hour. The encoded MPEG-2 video is sent over