[mythtv-users] Recommend an HD/SD tuner card?

Dorsey Graphics info at dorseygraphics.com
Thu Jan 12 18:39:41 UTC 2006

Here's the situation. . .

   I'm setting up a new system as a PVR. It will have a 3.4 GHz P4,
and a GeForce 6800 for video out. It will also have about 400GB of
drive space (it's an old gaming system that I'm relegating for use as
a PVR).  Should be a pretty cool system by most respects.

   I currently have a WinTV 250 which I'll put in it to control my
DirecTV RCA DRD435RH. I may get a second identical DirecTV box, or I
may go with Comcast. We'll see.

   My question is - I may get an HD plasma/LCD/projector this year.
Keeping that in mind, I'd like my second tuner card to have the
option for recording HD.

   Can you recommend a PCI card that works well for HD, also has an
option for SD (for use until I purchase the new TV), and that will
not break the bank?

   Compatibility with BeyondTV and MythTV is important, as I am not
sure which I will use yet.

thanks,