[mythtv-users] Face lift of MythWeb (themes)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 12 16:48:28 UTC 2006

> His name is Mathias and I have been  in contact with him regarding
> DVB-T in sweden. I will contact him if he want to publish the theme to
> the public

The svn version of mythweb has been designed specifically to make skins
easier to write/use.  It's nowhere near perfect yet (since there's still
a lot of code that needs to be made more css-friendly), but I'm hoping
that it's a step in the right direction.

I'd like to move away from the idea of changing themes to change the
look.  My long term goal is to end up with two usable themes for MythWeb
-- standard full-javascript and a light/compact theme for people who
don't like javascript or use text-only browsers (any other themes would
be specialty ones like wml or wap).

I totally welcome people to contribute new skins, but since much of this
will be in a state of flux for awhile, I ask that skin authors be aware
that if they don't keep up with the changes, I'll disable the skin.

fyi, I'm also in the middle of redesigning the main theme/skin to make
it a little more user friendly.

-Chris