[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR Questions

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Thu Jan 12 09:03:45 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 02:51, John Biundo wrote:
> Bottom line, I too would be very glad to hear more input on the quality
> of the various cards available, and keenly interested in comments
> relative to "fast moving" scenes.
I have a cheap "Bt878 Video Capture" so I do everything in software (P3,
600Mhz).  The cpu is just fast enough (it's also the main server in my house:
imap, mysql, apache, ...).
For me, the picture is almost perfect.  The colors are fine, fast moving
scenes are displayed fine, and so on.  I have to admit that I have an old tv.

I ordered a PVR500 that I'm going to pick up today because I needed an extra
tuner.  I hope the picture quality will be the same.  I will try to make some
screen shots to compare them and keep you updated.

Speeking of screenshots, is there a way to put some static test image on the
coax in to test the tuners ?

Stef