[mythtv-users] AV sync and PVR-150

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Wed Jan 11 20:10:42 UTC 2006

I know this topic has been discussed before, so if someone can direct me to
a previous thread that addressed my exact issue, let me know. I couldn't
find one.

I have a PVR-150 and every recording it makes has an audio delay of exactly
111 ms. How do I know the exact amount? Because when I open the .nuv
file in avidemux2, it tells me. Also, the slight delay is noticeable when playing
in myth, mplayer, windows, or just about anywhere else.  If I play the file in
mplayer with the "-delay .111" option, then it is perfect.  It's only slight, which is
why I've been living with it for a long time.  It does NOT seem to be related to
my audio receiver, sound card, NFS, HDD, cabling, etc., but rather to original
recorded stream itself.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? As far as a workaround, is it possible
to have a default a/v sync when playing back recordings from the PVR-150? Or,
even better, is it possible to avoid the delay when it originally records?  Is it
possible to adjust the delay in the ivtv drivers? Is the problem in the firmware?
I've tried a couple different driver versions, currently on gentoo's 0.4.0-r3, but the
delay is always the same.

Thanks,
James