[mythtv-users] Problems with detecting duplicate recordings due to subtle detail changes

Peter Dash peter.dash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:15:45 UTC 2006

This is something that I've found annoying as well so I think it's a
great idea :)

These look a lot like Radio Times listings in the UK (which I'm using
as well) and I'm not sure it affects any of the other grabbers - I
know for example that while I was using the EIT listings from DVB
these subtle differences didn't exist. I went back to the Radio Times
listings for the better descriptions and categories and just live with
having to do a bit more manual pruning of the recording schedules to
weed out the duplicates that aren't picked up which is a pain.

Peter.