[mythtv-users] mythtv with a pvr-350 on fedora 4

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 23:01:35 UTC 2006

Dan Adams wrote:

>Hey, I've got a new pvr-350 and I'm trying to test the video by having
>mplayer read from /dev/video and changing the channels with ivtvctrl.
>Right now I can get video (which is kind of poor) on channels 5 and 6
>but every other channel is just static. I know the cable connection is
>good and I'v not going through a cable box or anything. Any ideas? Your
>help would be *greatly* appreciated as I haven't really been able to
>find anywhere with a solution to this. Thanks!

Apologies if you've already done this, but have you tried the various
different frequency tables?
I was just trying to find a better 'version' of a channel myself earlier
actually (UK based).

something like
ivtv-tune -t europe-west -c 65
for example, at my location would tune to channel 65 out of the
europe-west allocation, which happens to be Channel 4 in the UK .

A little tip (again apols if you already know this) is to use 'mplayer
-x 512 -y 384 /dev/video0'
(or some other suitable values for x & y) so you get a smaller window
and you can keep the console in view easier.