[mythtv-users] Harddrive

Yann Lehmann aristide at tiscali.ch
Tue Jan 10 08:22:09 UTC 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
> Well 2 IDE drives on one channel will not slow things down more than  it
> does on most systems, just don't put an optical or Zip drive on  the
> same channel as an HDD.
>
> I am curious though, where are you going to store recorded programs?
> Looks like all your IDE channels are used up. Unfortunately in this  day
> and age an 8GB drive is considered by some to be a waste of an  IDE
> channel, but I guess those folks have a lot of $$$ :-)

Thank's for the advice.

I know that the 40GB partition for video files will not last long once
the myth system is set up. The 8GB drive is just laying around and will
be used only by the ringbuffer file.

I will buy a new big harddrive (may be an external one with firewire)
when I am sure everything works fine.

Yann