[mythtv-users] DVB-T and DVB-S on same box

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:11:25 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Michael Cowell <michael at mousewasher.dk> wrote:
> For each shared channel: you have two separate channels set up
> (different names, ids, etc) but you set the channel number to the same
> thing (or the chanid or whatever it's called, I can't get to my mythbox
> at the moment), as well as the XML source.

Callsign is the thing you have to have the same for the scheduler to
treat two channels as one. You probably also want channum (channel
number) to be the same, if they are then the EPG only shows the
channel once as well. Bruce Markey has provided a lot of info on this
in the past, see e.g.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/144297?nohighlight=1#144297

Steve