[mythtv-users] Forcing MythTV to ignore a tuner

Bill White raygions at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 00:14:36 UTC 2006

I have been running mythtv for about a year now.  First with a single PVR-250, then I added a PVR-500 this past June.  Everything worked very well, even when I upgraded to .18 in May until last week when I stopped getting reception on Tuner 2, which I believe is the first tuner on the PVR-500.

 While I do have questions about how to go about verifying that the tuner has gone bad, I do not have time to mess with it for a while.  What I want to know is how to force MythTV to ignore the existence of that first tuner on the PVR-500 while continuing to use the second one.

 thanks,
 bw

 my modprobe.conf file...

 alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
 alias eth0 sk98lin
 alias eth1 forcedeth
 alias scsi_hostadapter sata_sil
 options snd-card-0 index=0
 options snd-intel8x0 index=0
 remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
 alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
 alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
 alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
 alias scsi_hostadapter1 sata_nv